Because God demonstrated love for us through the gift of Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal life:
- We believe that faith begins with a decision to turn from sin to new life in Christ.
- We believe that it is reasonable to follow Christ daily, totally, in life.
- We believe that it is practical to obey the Sermon on the Mount and the whole New Testament literally, honestly and sacrificially.
- We believe that it is thinkable to practice reconciling love amid human conflicts and warfare.
- We believe that it is possible to confess Jesus as Lord above all nationalism, racism or materialism.
- We believe that it is feasible to build a voluntary, disciples’ church of sisters and brothers who are mutually committed to each other in Christ.
- When these beliefs are maintained by the boundaries of Christian community, they destroy false boundaries – leaping generational gaps, bridging theological gulfs, linking East with West, right to left, red with brown and yellow and black and white.
– Adapted from David Augsburger
* You will need Adobe Reader to open a PDF. Visit Adobe's site to get the free software.